Monday, May 11, 2009

We're Off To See The Future

When they had the world's fair in Seattle it was too far away and too expensive for us to go. But now, just up the New Jersey Turnpike a new world's fair was happening. New York City is hosting the newest world's fair, and we're going!
Yep, Dad is packing us all up in the big new Edsel he bought and we're going to New York to see the fair.
I'd been reading about it in Life magazine and in the newspapers.

Walt Disney is building a lot of robots; he calls them audioanimatronics or something like that, and we'll see automated cave men and dinosaurs and characters that can move and talk like real human beings.
I'll be able to see a robot of Abraham Lincoln stand up and give a speech.
There's gonna be a giant ferris wheel shaped like a tire. The pictures look really cool. I won't go on that because of my fear of heights, but it will be neat to see it.
Wow, we're going to see the future and it's just a few hours away, just a long drive in the car!
Mom, Dad, Carl, Cheryl and me.
Let's get in the Edsel and drive.
I'll tell you all about it when we get back.

1 comment:

winker said...

I wish these were still happening. Progress seemed to be the goal back then. Nowadays we rest on laurels with a sense of false entitlement.