Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Announcement

Sometime in the Spring I think it was that Mom gave us the news. She tells Carl and me that she's going to have a baby, sometime in July or August maybe.
Another baby?
"Well where are we going to put it," I wonder?
Our house is pretty small and there's only two bedrooms and only one bathroom, and I'm tired of "holding" it already if you please. We just don't have the room!
Will this kid get put in with me and Carl?
Somebody else getting into my stuff!
There's going to be lots of crying. How are we supposed to get any sleep with a baby around? Did anybody think of that? And what about all those smelly old diapers?
I'm going to be eleven soon, what am I going to do with a little kid in diapers and rubber pants running around the house?
By the time this kid is old enough to understand anything, I'll be a teenager.
I'll be a teenager with a little brother who can barely read!
I don't know what Carl is thinking. He shows very little interest.
Another baby brother to take care of. What if this one is a bigger handful than Carl?
This is mind-boggling.
Will I have to baby-sit?
Another screaming, scheming, can't-sit-still-and-never-behave baby brother!
Uh-oh, wait a minute.
Oh boy, I forgot.
This brand new baby brother could wind up being a girl!

No comments: