Monday, September 22, 2008

Pre-Natal Jitters

A sister! Carl and I could have a sister. A girl in the family! If it’s a girl where will she sleep? We only have two bedrooms, and our house is pretty small, so where will they put her? In Mom and Dad’s room? A girl! We’ll have baby dolls and dollhouses and Easy-Bake ovens and Barbies and all that girl stuff instead of more boys’ things. What are we going to do with her? She’ll be crawling on the floor for at least a year. How will I relate to her? She’s always going to be 11 years younger than I am! It’s not that I don’t have any experience dealing with younger kids. Our neighbor Susie Avis is five and she plays kickball with us and she gives Wiffle Ball a shot. She’s kinda like a sister to me and she’s OK and all, so I guess things will work out. But a baby! Crying and getting into things and acting all crazy; you can’t reason with a baby. I thought that stuff was over with. I’ve barely gotten Carl under control and now they hit me with this.
A sister! A girl! Wow!
I never saw it coming.
Wait a minute.
Mom really could have another boy.
A boy.
And he could be just like Carl, and he’d be getting into my stuff and taking things apart and getting into trouble, and acting crazy, and………..

No comments: